Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am a proud friend of a proud couple who adopted a baby girl!

Birth is a phenomenon when a child is born into the world. Jenny was born twice. Once when she came into this world. When her tiny little hand reached out to touch the soul that had nurtured her for so many months, she found nothing but a sense of loneliness and despair. A couple of days back, she was born again, when a couple brought her into their world. And I am proud to be their friend.

Yes, I am ecstatic! I am happy! I feel elated! I feel that love is all around and I feel so proud, proud of being a friend of a couple who adopted a two year old girl into their life, even though they could have given birth to a new one. Why am I ecstatic? Because in a country with more than 1 billion people, with around 28.5 million orphans between the age of 0 - 12; In a country where a girl child is aborted if her identity is found before birth, this act by a friend has made me proud.

Adopting a child is by no means an easy task. It needs more than courage to adopt a child. I cannot comment on fatherhood or parenting as I have no experience in being one. Would have loved to write so much about it, but just cant get those words to pen down... the grammar seems completely out of place, the nouns, adjectives... everything! but one thing that is completely in place is my feelings for this family. Love you guys. You guys simply are the best in the world!!!

2 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Congratulations to the parents.

Well, Mumbai is much more into adoption than any other city in India, that's what my experience says. I have seen and know many couples here who have adopted at least one child.. before or after having their own.
And none of them had any medical problems to go for adoption.

Yes, it needs tremendous courage to adopt a child with all sorts of pressures coming from the family, society, sometimes one of the spouse is against it.

Congratulations once again to all of you. Enjoy !

Sigma said...

True. It takes a lot more than courage. And it is more than commendable ... a heart-warming act.
Congratulations to the parents! and their near and dear ones.