Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Faux Pas

Now I know why I cannot be a man who can charm women. It is an art and I don’t possess that for sure. A conversation on the phone today underlined the entire fact. A recent acquaintance keeps calling. I would call her ‘She’ in this post to maintain her anonymity. She calls daily and keeps asking if I had food, and if I did, what did I have. Its kind of irritating. I always try to be nice and cringe myself away from the phone when she keeps yapping not knowing how to cut the phone without her knowing!!! I guess life has a way to get things done. The excerpts of the conversation -

Tring Tring… (5 times approx which I take to think wether I should pick it up or not)
Me: Hello
She: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….
Me: Hi
She: Where are you?
Me: Office
She: Jeeez! Why did you go to office? There is so much tension on the streets.
Me: Well, I came
She: Had food?
Me: No
She: Why do you do this? You never have food on time. It wouldn’t… (I go deaf…)
Me: (thinking) Did I marry her and then loose my memory when I hit my head out of sheer desperation?
She: Helloo… are you listening
Me: ya, I am here.. tell me..
She: I was telling you, this guy proposed to me.
Me: Wow! Good for you. Who is the guy?
She: This guy from office, bas****…
Me: Whay are you abusing him, just because he proposed to you?
She: No, he is married. And he thought I didn’t know.
Me: Hmmm.. interesting…
She: He came up to me in the canteen and said he wants to go out with me!
Me: Well, that doesn’t sound like proposing!
She: I asked him Why and he said he felt that I was hot!
Me: (a little loudly) What! He must be nuts!

A long silence

Beep Beep.

OUCH!!!

2 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha Ha... Now I know who is nuts !!

Request you to give full feed for your posts so that I can read your posts thru reader again.

Prax said...

Request Granted!!!