Saturday, March 24, 2007

Of Cricket, Betting and Pretty Women

This part of the news is presented by ‘Data Udipi Restaurant – Truly High class Vegetarian food’ and ‘Annamalai Restaurant – Pure Non vegetarian food’, Chennai.

Being in Chennai for the past couple of days, I have been inflicted on seeing the television with Fat ladies seducing dark moustached curly haired heroes singing in rhythm to AR Rehman’s beats all the time. A very few options in channels to watch, I am inflicted with the pain of Surya Kiran, Star Vijay, Surya TV and the likes. Watching the Tamil channels, I get the confidence that I can be a superstar. It is a place where ordinary looking people like me can dream about being heroes and romancing nymphets and heavy bellied beauties. My confidence at a all new high in my looks department today. Talking about News.

All I can see is Cricket and NDTV showing news of Cricket. So the News is indeed about Cricket. Bob Woolmer was murdered and Effigies of Indian Cricketers being burnt across the nation. Where do we stand today with India’s defeat and ouster of the World Cup? Well, with any slim chances, there might be a possibility of Bermuda winning the match and India going into the Super 8. Why?

Here is an analogy. Between Pakistan and Ireland, there was a betting stake of over 3000 Crores. It is a well known fact that Mr. D is a constant better in cricket matches. The odds were heavily in Pakistan’s favor. So anyone who bets in the name of Ireland will be making a huge fortune. Who in the sanest of mind would bet on Ireland? Only a sane person who can force Pakistan to loose. It is said that D has made 550 crores in that match. Probably Bob Woolmer might have known about it. I am just assuming this.
ASSUME = making an ASS out of U and ME. So forgive me if I am wrong. It is just an analysis. And analysis, mostly is always wrong!!

Now let us look at Bermuda and Bangladesh. There is a huge possibility that there was a huge betting conspiracy in the Bangladesh Bermuda match. Being the centre of attention of a billion people, there is a huge load of pressure on the players heads. Cricketters in our country are not sportspersons. They are of the status of demigods. But when they fail, they are morally murdered. One good match and they are back in action, sprayed across all channels in advertisements and hoardings. That is the status of a cricketer in India. India is the most highly paid cricketing nation. Once a cricketer laying for the nation, he is a millionaire. With all the sponsorers havng invested so much money in the Indian team, it is only likely that ‘if’ there is a betting theory that is true, Bermuda will win with Bangladesh. But there is another side to it. If Bob Woolmer’s murder is indeed connected to the betting racquet, the match would be a fair one. Another rigged match would only open up ways in getting to the roots of the betting Mafia. So it is a crucial day, both in the cricketing world and the betting world.

As for me, if Bangladesh wins, India will progress. Not in cricket, but in its productivity. There would be lesser tension while watching the matches. There would be more attendances in offices, and no one would care who takes the World Cup as long as they are entertained! That is what sports are for, isn’t it?

P.S. Waiting so badly to be back in Bombay. The only place where we can see smart looking women in this city is the television!!

5 comments:

Cuckoo said...

My confidence at a all new high in my looks department today.. Good attitude. ;)

India is the most highly paid cricketing nation. I disagree.

The only place where we can see smart looking women in this city is the television!!.. A big OOOOOOOOOOO with *rolling eyes*

No, I am still following the game, my fav was & is Australia. India could have reached Super 8 but not the finals.

BTW, Is this your daily news channel ? :P

Prax said...

Cuckoo,
I have an amazing attitude! I know that :-p

you can disagree!! Its a free and democratic nation! I shall soon report on how an Indian Cricketers salary is the highest! (This also includes averaging of fortunes earned from commercials)

If you ever come to Chennai, you will know why it is better to stick to television!!

That is what i said, no heartbreaks for the country. BTW, i think Australia is boring, because they are so perfect. I am supporting South Africa. They will win the world cup!

Daily news? Depends, of my availability. I am paid better elsewhere though!!!!

Cuckoo said...

Are you back ? Wanted to tag you this time but "Baksh diya". :P

Prax said...

yes, back to Bombay!!!

u could have tagged me, no problem... i will put up the 123/5 page anyway. Its an interesting read!!!

Cuckoo said...

Ok, then you are tagged !! ;)

But I have some good ones also to tag you. Be ready.