Monday, December 17, 2007

Arranged marriage – Meeting no. 3

Its kind of getting boring. Probably, every time I meet someone, I feel, it is better to be alone than be with someone. No comments on this meeting. Probably, people are unique in their own way, and there is a reason why they are getting married. I don’t have a reason and that’s why I find no one. I kept my eyes focused on the ice-cream I was eating. It was a discussion about philosophy. And here is what I learnt from myself about philosophy.

‘Philosophy is bullshit unless put into practice’

She was a producer of shows for a leading channel. So when my dad asked me to speak to her, I expected someone with a commanding voice. Someone who gets things done. But on the contrary, I heard a voice that was sweet as a cuckoo. So we started talking for a bit. The talk went well and we decided to meet at Infinity mall. I was to take an off for the day as mom was not well, but a call from the office and I was back with Tiger on my way back. That is when an sms came from Farrukh. Its Leah’s birthday, so do make some fuss. Leah is a co-worker who had come down from Canada to our studio for a project. So, I met Leah and wished her. She said ‘I usually don’t work on my birthday, but you guys are special, so I am working.’ I asked her what her plans were. She said she will cook and probably go out for a drink somewhere. Another fone call and I came to know Akshat and Nancy were in town and they wanted to go clubbing. Everything kind of fitted into each other perfectly. So the plan was done. After my meeting with the girl, I would pick Leah and meet Akshat and Nancy and go clubbing. So after the meeting, I drove back to Leah’s place, picked her up and left for Bandra, where they were put up. A small little walk later, we headed for Zenzi. Zenzi was packed and we had a waiting for 30 minutes, so we pushed off to Poison.

Well, what happened later was a revelation for myself. I was partying after two years!! I had forgotten what joy was, that life was much more than work, that partying with friends and having a good time is just about taking time out and spending it with close ones. I hope I remember this and keep enjoying myself without forgetting it in the midst of work.

Philosophy of the day -
Its so great having a child, the feeling of having a life growing inside you. It is the best feeling that anyone can ever have!

Have you heard of tapeworms????

YYYUUCKKK!!!

No comments: