Thursday, December 6, 2007

The philosophy of a Pune Biker

I had gone to Pune for a meeting. Drove down the expressway and then entered into the city. One of the peculiarities of Pune is the fact that people are completely laid back while driving. Already late because of the Mumbai Traffic, i was completely out of ideas when the bike in front of me refused to accelerate, give a side even though the rest of the traffic was moving at 50 kmph. I checked my speedometer. It was 30 kmph. I kept honking, but he was least bothered to move. So when i got a little gap on the right, i overtook and decided to talk to the guy about some driving ethics.

Me: Boss, itna slow chala rahe ho, bike hai, side toh de sakte hai na, doosron ko kyu thakleef de rahe ho?
Biker: Agar four wheeler hotha toh?

2 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Veryyyy apt question. Why do you bother such nice Punekars, eh? ;)

Prax said...

Thanks so much for your support, Cuckoo!!! I was thinking of sleeping in the middle of the road. A Punekar would come and tell me 'Yahaan kyu so rahe ho, ghar nahi hai yeh tumhara' and i would have replied 'Hotha toh?'
;-)