Monday, December 31, 2007

A New Year with 'A New Life'

How many of us can begin a New year with A New Life? Literally...
I did. I was reading the book 'A New Life' by Orhan Pamuck. :-)

This new year was a bit special. Firstly, no party. no friends, no family. Sounds bad? Not really... I was on my way back home from my home town chugging through the beautiful landscapes when the clock struck 12 surrounded by total strangers. After a long time, I was traveling by train from my home town and I think I will do that for the rest of my life, instead of the usual aerial route. It costs less, it takes me very close to my house and the best of all, the beautiful topography that greets you has an astounding effect on your stressed out mind.

I could say, I saw the last sunset of 2007 and the first sunrise of 2008. The sunset was spectacular. As the train passed through Murudeshwar, the sun was setting with the statue of Shiva, 100 feet tall, on the side bidding farewell to the Sun of 2007.

The sunrise was equally beautiful with the Sun emerging from the horizon breaking the chillness of the fog with its warm sun beams kissing the swamps on the East...

Here is wishing everybody a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Cuckoo said...

Exactly the same reason for me to travel by train. Train journey keeps me stuck to ground realities instead of dreaming in the air. ;)

But somehow more often than not I end up traveling by air. :(

Happy New Year to you too !!